Cool, Fall weather is a tranquil relief after blazing summer months, but will your home be ready for winter?
Here is your go-to home-improvement checklist for Fall:
- Examine the Roof: Repair damaged shingles, asses moss & mold.
- Gutters & Downspouts: Clean debris, asses repairs as needed.
- Gutter-Guards are specialty gutters which provide a low-maintenance option for gutter up-keep. Here is a guide for weighing pro’s & con’s, along with various types of specialty gutters.
- Check Wood: Asses siding, porches/decks, and trim, for rot, mold, and damages. You may choose to DIY small repairs, or hire a professional.
- Check for cracks in foundation, driveways, and walkways—winter ice can make these worse.
- Eliminate rodents and pests. They will refuge for warmth in your home during cold temperatures.
- Clean & cover air conditioning unit.
- Check heater, fireplace, and chimney.
- Caulk/weatherstrip windows and doors, if need.